Top 5 facts about Marcela Paz:
1. She was born on February 28, 1902 in Santiago, Chile.
2. Marcela Paz was the pen name of Esther Huneeus Salas de Claro, a Chilean writer.
3. In 1947 Paz published the first book with her most famous character, Papelucho. Papelucho became a companion and an inspiration to generations of children and perhaps one of Chile's most well known humanized characters of the twentieth century.
4. In 1968 she received a Hans Christian Andersen honour diploma. In 1979 she received the gold medal from the Instituto Cultural de Providencia. In 1982, she was awarded with the Premio Nacional de Literatura de Chile.
5. She died on June 12, 1985.