Google celebrates the Chinese Lantern Festival:
Top 5 facets about Chinese Lantern Festival:
1. It is a festival celebrated on the fifteenth day of the first month in the lunisolar year in the Chinese calendar, the last day of the lunisolar Chinese New Year celebration.
2. During the Lantern Festival, children go out at night to temples carrying paper lanterns and solve riddles on the lanterns.
3. It officially ends the Chinese New Year celebrations.
4. In ancient times, the lanterns were fairly simple, for only the emperor and noblemen had large ornate ones; in modern times, lanterns have been embellished with many complex designs. For example, lanterns are now often made in shapes of animals.
5. In some region and countries, this festival is also regarded as the Chinese version of St. Valentine's Day, a day celebrating love and affection between lovers in Chinese tradition and culture.