Top 5 facts about Oktoberfest:
1. Oktoberfest is a 16–18 day festival - from late September to the first weekend in October.
2. It is in Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
3. Oktoberfest is one of the most famous events in Germany.
4. It is the world's largest fair, with more than 5 million people attending every year.
5. The original "Oktoberfest" occurred in Munich, on October 12, 1810.
Sep 19, 2009 - Oktoberfest - (Germany)
Worth to know:
1. Only beer which is allowed to be served in this festival.
2. You may also enjoy a wide variety of traditional fare such as:
- Hendl (chicken),
- Schweinebraten (roast pork),
- Schweinshaxe (grilled ham hock),
- Steckerlfisch (grilled fish on a stick),
- Würstl (sausages) along with Brezn (Pretzel),
- Knödel (potato or bread dumplings),
- Kasspatzn (cheese noodles),
- Reiberdatschi (potato pancakes),
- Sauerkraut or Blaukraut (red cabbage)
- Obatzda (a spiced cheese-butter spread) - Bavarian delicacies
- Weisswurst (a white sausage).
(via Wikipedia, Google, YouTube)