Aug 12, 2011 - Her Majesty the Queen's Birthday - Mother's Day - (Thailand)
Mother's day in Thailand is celebrated on the birthday of the Queen of Thailand, Queen Sirikit (12 Aug). It started being celebrated around the 1980s as part of the campaign by the Prime Minister of Thailand Prem Tinsulanonda to promote Thailand's Royal family. Father's Day is celebrated on the King's birthday.
Top 5 for Her Majesty Queen Sirikit:
1. Somdet Phra Nang Chao Sirikit Phra Borommarachininat (listen , "Her Majesty Queen Regent Sirikit") was born on August 12, 1932.
2. She is the eldest daughter and the third child of Prince Nakkhatra Mangkala Kitiyakara, the son of Prince Kitiyakara Voralaksana and Mom Luang Bua Sanidvongs.
3. Her name means "the Greatness of Kitiyakara".
4. She met King Bhumibol Adulyadej in France and the couple married on 28 April 1950.
5. The couple has 4 children; 3 daughters and a son: