Aug 10, 2011
Google Doodle for the Ecuador's Independence Day
Today Google celebrates the Ecudor's Independence Day.
Google Doodle 2010 for the Ecuador's Independence Day
Ecuador proclaimed independence from Spain on August 10, 1809.
Top 5 facts for Ecuador:
1. Ecuador straddles the equator, from which it takes its name.
2. Ecuador is a republic in western South America. What is now Ecuador formed part of the northern Inca Empire until the Spanish conquest in 1533.
3. The capital of Ecuador is Quito. Official language - Spanish.
4. Area - 283,561 sq km, coutry comparison to the world: 74th place.
5. Population - 15,007,343 (July 2011), coutry comparison to the world: 65th place.
Google, Wikipedia, https://www.cia.gov/library