Top 5 for Gregor Mendel:
1. Johann Mendel was born on July, 20 1822 in Heinzendorf bei Odrau (Austrian Empire, current Czech Republic) as the second child of Anton and Rosine Mendel, farmers;
2. He was a Augustinian friar;
3. He was a scientist, known as the Father of Modern Genetics.
Mendel cultivated and tested some 29,000 pea plants.
4. Mendel died on January 6, 1884, at age 61, in Brno, Austria-Hungary (now Czech Republic).
5. 1990 - rediscovery of Mendel's work by three independent investigators.
Top 5 YouTube Videos for Gregor Mendel
1. Gregor Mendel's Punnett Squares - over 80,000 views
2. Gregor Mendel Rap - 78,000 views
3. Mendelian Genetics - over 36,000
sources: Wikipedia, Google, YouTube